Animoca Brands’ Offshoot nWay Launches Official Multiplayer Party Game of Beijing 2022 Olympics
nWay, a subsidiary of major non-fungible token (NFT)-focused company Animoca Brands, has launched Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022, the official licensed play-to-earn multiplayer party game of the Olympic Winter Games that opened today.
“The Olympic Games are the world’s largest sport celebration. We can’t think of a better genre than party games to get everyone across different gaming skills involved for this global celebration in a massive way,” said Taehoon Kim, CEO of nWay, as quoted in a statement.
The game will feature a range of arcade-styled winter sports turned into mini games in which players will be able to compete against each other. They will also be enabled to fully customize the looks of their avatars.
The game is available for download on Android and iOS-enabled devices, with up to 15 players allowed to compete in real time.
“[M]aking Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022 a play-to-earn title is going to let gamers and NFT collectors alike to not only engage with the Olympic Games, but also own a piece of Olympic history,” Kim said. He added that the company is planning to support the game with “continuous updates in the months to come,” in order to keep the players engaged.
Gamers will collect Olympic NFT digital pins that can be earned through the game, but also purchased on the nWayPlay.com marketplace, as well as bought from other collectors. Owners of the pins will gain access to higher tiers of play and exclusive character skins, according to the game developer.
On its website, nWay says that, in addition to NFTs, players will also be able to earn VTG, the game’s main in-game currency, which can be spent for entry fees, speed-ups, as well as NFT purchases.
– Year of the Tiger May Be the Year of the Digital Yuan as China Celebrates with More CBDC Adoption
– Chinese Central Bank: In Pilot Stage, Digital Yuan Has 261M Active Users
– NFT Powerhouse Animoca Brands Hits USD 5B Valuation as Winklevoss & Soros Join USD 359M Round
– Binance Smart Chain, Animoca To Bet USD 200M On Crypto Gaming Startups
– How Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard Deal Will Fuel Metaverse Gaming Mass Adoption
– Immutable and GameStop to Launch an NFT Marketplace, $100M fund; IMX & GME Rise